Bespoke Wigs By Our Mommy’s is headed up by husband and wife team, Pat and Ronan O’Reilly.
A nurse and qualified midwife, Pat was running group baby massage sessions when a new mum booked a home visit.
It turned out this mum had alopecia and worried about what the other mums thought of her hair loss. She’d lost her confidence and stopped wanting to leave the house.
Pat wanted to help, so she created a completely bespoke wig for the mum. After her wig fitting and seeing her new hair, the mum was suddenly at ease. Her confidence returned and she was happy socialising with the other mums again.
It was a lightbulb moment for Pat. She could see the positive difference her wig made and realised it would be possible to help many other people in similar situations.
So Pat and her husband, Ronan, founded Bespoke Wigs By Our Mommy’s in 2013. They continue to bring confidence back to people experiencing hair loss.
Pat O’Reilly – Wig Maker, Founder & Director
Pat is Founder, Wig Maker and one of two Directors. Her twin girls are the inspiration behind the name “Bespoke Wigs By Our Mommy’s”. With her warm, caring nature, Pat loves helping people feel good by crafting beautiful wigs that are indistinguishable from natural hair.
Pat draws on her nursing and midwifery experience when working with adults and children with medical hair loss. Her other qualifications and experience include:
- Diploma in Specialist Wig Making (UK )
- Lace Wig Training Mastery Seminar (USA)
- Natural Hair and Extensions Specialist (UK)
- Executive Masters in Business (MBA) at Hertfordshire Business School (UK)
Ronan O’Reilly – Director
Ronan is one of two Bespoke Wigs By Our Mommy’s Directors. Having experienced male pattern baldness since his early twenties, he remembers feeling devastated and like he was “getting old too soon.” He was surprised how quickly it happened and it had a dreadful effect on his confidence.
But this does mean Ronan can understand and relate on a personal level to others going through hair loss. His professional experience and qualifications include:
- Over 18 years of experience working in the pharmaceutical industry supporting new drug discovery research and development for major diseases
- Consultant for Medical Data Review and safety analysis for Clinical Trials in Early Breast Cancer
- Exposure to cancer patients’ benefits and detrimental side-effects following chemotherapy
- BSc(Hons) Chemistry at Trinity College, Dublin
- City and Guilds Visual Basic Programming